Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Kronicle Spotlight - Fashion Designer Mimi Plange

Some of my favorite fashion designers include BCBG, Marc Jacobs, Micheal Kors, and Rachel Roy. Yes, I will save up, AND wait until it's on sale at Macy's, Bluefly, or Dillard's to get their pieces! :-D. But in honor of black history month, I decided to peruse the internet to search for some hot new African American/Black designers on the fashion scene. How convenient was my stumbling across an expose' in  Essence Magazine featuring hot black designers featured in New York's Fashion Week. All of the designers featured in their video gallery are notable (which included Rachel Roy), but one designer in particular stuck out like a sore thumb to me....Mimi Plange



Born in Ghana, Mimi came to the U.S. when she was 5 years old. After she graduated from UC Berkley, with a degree in architecture, she decided to pursue her dream of fashion. She moved to New York, to attend fashion school, and has been there ever since. Besides being sold in her online storeher fashions are also currently sold in Belgium, Kuwait, and now in the U.S. in a boutique in Louisiana.

I am not a fashion expert, nor do I claim to be, but in my opinion, Ms. Plange is a triple threat in the fashion world, where creativity, talent, and intellect all collide to form the beautiful creation which is Boudoir-D'Huitres. Priding themselves on providing modern, timeless, fashion, I believe we have yet to see all that Ms. Plange has to offer to  the fashion industry, and I for one, will be keeping my eyes wide open! Visit her website when you get a chance. I'm positive that you will be floored and amazed! A few of her pieces are shown below for your viewing pleasure...






What do you think of Boudoir D'Huitres? Do you have any favorite African American/Black fashion designers? Please. Share. Enlighten. Inspire!

No comments:

Post a Comment